2017 SJMSBL Workout and Draft
There will be one workout for new players. The draft will be held immediately following the workout. New players are highly encouraged to participate in the workout.
New teams. If you want to join our league this year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1st.
Before You Get There
- Fill out a new player application.
Submit an online 2017 Player Participation Waiver by Friday, March 10.
print, fill out, sign, and bring a 2017 Player Participation Waiver with you to the Workout and Draft. Waivers will be available at the field but they must be signed and turned in before you will be allowed to participate. Be prepared.
- Wear comfortable baseball clothing. No street clothes.
- Metal spikes are permitted on the field.
- The first hour will be outfield and infield practice.
- The remaining time will be used for batting and pitching evaluation.
- 20 game season plus playoffs.
- Quality baseball fields.
- College umpires.
- Approximately $250-$300 per person league fees, plus uniforms.
- Automatic qualification to participate in the World Series in Phoenix.
San José MSBL - Founded in 1988
- Part of MSBL National with over 200 leagues and 3400 teams across the USA.
- 20 game regular season plus playoff games for the majority of league teams.
- Different levels of competition for the recreational player to ex college and pros.
- Two age groups: 18+, 25+. All divisions are wood bat.
- Santa Clara Valley Federation of Umpires (SCVFU) umpires - the best baseball game officials in the San José area.
- Excellent quality fields provide players the best playing experience in the Bay Area.
- 2016 fields include: Gavilan College, Willow Glen, Wilcox, Los Gatos, Leland.
- Professional grade baseballs used in all games - same Rawlings ball used by the San Josझ Giants.
- Mid season All-Star game played under the lights at San José Municipal Stadium.
- Player fees range from $250-$300 per person and covers baseballs, fields and umpires.
- Automatic qualification to participate in the MSBL World Series in Phoenix, AZ - the largest amateur baseball tournament in the world (355 teams in 2011)